Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Reflection of the week- Our Journey Has Begun

Our Journey Has Begun, submitted by Sister Joyce Anderson

With excitement, anticipation, expectation, faith, hope and some fear, we are embarking on a new journey.

Just like the story in the 14th chapter of Matthew beginning at verse 22, as Jesus “constrained” his disciples to get into a ship to go before him to the other side, we have been led by God to take this journey.

Along the way, we may be tossed by waves and contrary winds, but we know that the Holy Spirit will guide us into all truth and will reveal to us the things we must know to continue the journey. In verse 27 Jesus said, “Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.”

Just as Jesus told Peter to get out of the boat, to get out of his comfort zone, to “Come,” He told us to come. We must keep our eyes on Him unlike Peter who lost focus and began to sink.

He has prepared us with experiences and skill.

He has uniquely gifted each one of us to be here at this time.

So, let’s stir up our gifts and take this life-changing journey “Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.” (Philippians 1-6)

Our journey has begun.

8 comments:

Terry Potillo said...

As I begin my Remarkable Woman Journey I asked my sisters in Christ to pray for my health and strenght in the Lord. God Bless us all. It's going to be quite a journey.
Terry

Unknown said...

I thank God for His mercy upon me and I truly thank God for the leadership of Bishop Thomas and Rev. Pearson (who is taking this journey with us.) I am still so amazed that such a great God loves me so much that He puts plans and ministries together to help His people. Through this Remarkable Woman Journey I will find out what Gods plans are for me and what He has set aside for me to do. "Make known to me the mysteries and the plan You have for me" I am so excited to be with such a great group of sisters that want to know there destiny.

Rajeeyah said...

Praise God for this New Journey I am taking through the Remarkable Woman here at New Psalmist Baptist Church. Praise God for our Bishop's leadership. Praise God for Rev. Pearson who is leading us and going through with us. As of today we are on our 23rd day of this Journey of Becoming Remarkable Woman. We are Looking in the Mirror and still becoming."Smile" To all of my Sister that are on this Journey...Travel equipped and ready.
I do not know where I am going but I am going and becoming.
Rajeeyah

Rev. Pearson said...

Hello Ladies,
Last night the LNO session was awesome. The only question I have for you is "Are you ready?"
Well, I can say with all of my heart that "I" am READY!
Rev. P.

person said...

interesting post here

memurphy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
memurphy said...

"For Such A Time As This", the Journey has begun and I am READY and I am LOVING it!

Sisters as we take this journey together let's fasten our seat belts and get ready for a trip of a lifetime.

LNO out was great! There are many Ruth's and Naomi's around and we are to be watchful.

Be Well and God Bless.
Marion

mesmith said...

Our God is an awesome God! I praise Him and humbly thank Him for this opportunity. He knows what we need and will provide it exactly according to His plan and purpose for our life. He has done such a thing with the Becoming a Remarkable Woman journey. I am grateful to Rev. Pearson for her vision and compassion to help her sisters "become." I thank Bishop Thomas for his invaluable support of the program. To my sisters who are journeying along with me, I look forward to seeing the beautiful, transformed Remarkable Woman that God has created you to be. Let's enjoy the journey!
Michele